2. Information We Collect
a. Personally Identifiable Information. The types of personally identifiable information we collect (directly from you or from third party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with BOVEM™ and the requirements of the applicable law. Below is more information on the ways we collect personal information and how we use it.
b. Types of personal information. BOVEM™ collects personal information from its current, prospective, and former customers, visitors, and guests (collectively "individuals") through the following channels:
- Information Provided Directly to Us: When you use the Services, contact us directly, or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with BOVEM™, placing an order on our website, or signing up to receive emails about our latest products and services, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, such as credit card number, billing address, and/or other related information required to complete the purchase (such as payment information).
- Communications: We may collect personal information from you such as your email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our services, register to receive communications over email or text messaging, participate in promotions, or loyalty programs, or otherwise communicate with us. Where allowed by applicable law, we may also record and store customer support calls and tickets for training and quality purposes.
- Information from Third Parties: We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organisations, to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products and services.
- Automated Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including through our Services and/or other methods of technical analysis such as your IP address, cookies identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, Advertiser ID, and other devices identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, in-store activity through (geofencing to identify traffic), the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, the information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services (such as preferences).
3. How We Use Your Information
By providing personally identifiable information to us, we are able to perform a number of business functions, such as:
a. Provide Products, Services, or information Requested. BOVEM™ may use information about you to fulfil requests, Services or information, including to:
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain features of the Services;
- Personalise product recommendations;
- Communicate with you about logistical matters, including product deliveries and shipping;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Review and respond to requests for customer support; and
- Allow you to register for online profiles.
b. Administrative Purposes. BOVEM™ may use personal information for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our products and Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure quality control;
- Send emails or text messages to the email address or telephone number you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, delivery updates, or system/site maintenance;
- Process payment(s) for products or Services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Maintain and administer our Services; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
c. Marketing. BOVEM™ may use personal information to provider you with marketing materials that may be of interest, including:
- To notify you about offers, products, and Services that may been of interest or about which you have previously expressed an interest;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that you provide personal information; or
- Otherwise with your content. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 6.
d. Research and Development. BOVEM™ may use personal information alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us improve our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, BOVEM™ may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilised to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants.
e. Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal information we obtain from third parties, may, as permitted by law, receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, text messages or phone calls from us with information on our products and Services or upcoming special offers/events that we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost by following the instructions in Section 6.
f. Anonymous and Aggregated Information. BOVEM™ may use personal information and other information about you to create anonymised and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic or psychographic information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services or other analyses we create. Anonymised and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors' interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymised or aggregated information is not regarded as personal information and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes. We may also share this information with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymised or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
g. Shared Content. From time to time, we may offer referral services of feature that allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services or purchase products from us.
h. Other. BOVEM™ may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as fraud protection or compliance with legal obligations, or nay other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your content.
4. Cookies, Pixels, and Similar Technologies
Our use of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operational. We may use Technologies that are necessary to the operation of our Services. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our websites, Services, applications, and tools; that are required to identify irregular site behaviour, prevent fraudulent activities and improve security or that allow you to make use of functions such as shopping carts, saved search or similar functions.
- Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use our Services, determine if you have interacted with our messaging, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve our website content, applications, services or tools.
- Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into the Service or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content.
- Advertising-Related. We may use first-party or third party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. We may also use third parties to serve targeted advertisements to people similar to our customer base(e.g., by uploading a hashed customer list to Facebook Custom Audiences) or incorporating a pixel from third-party on our Site. Even if you have disabled certain cookies, advertisements may still be displayed to you through these third-party channels.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ, you may do so by blocking, deleting or disabling them as your browser or device permits. See Section 6 for additional opt-out options. Please note that blocking, deleting, or disabling these Technologies will affect the functionality of our Services and may prevent you from being able to access certain features.
5. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell, rent or lease personal data to anyone. However, we may share and /or disclose information collected through the Services with the following categories of parties:
- Business Partners. BOVEM™ is a direct-to-consumer business and we try to sell directly to you through our Sites and through our stores on e-commerce marketplaces. However, from time to time, we may engage distributor and reseller partners to sell our products. In this case, if you order products from us and we believe it is in your interest to have the order fulfilled by one of our partners, we will obtain your consent before disclosing your personal data to our partners to facilitate the sales, fulfilment and delivery of our products. All of our partners must enter into contracts with us that require them to keep confidential and secure the information that they receive from us and to use such information only for the purposes of providing the contracted for business operations support, unless otherwise authorised by you or applicable laws and regulations.
- Marketing. BOVEM™ may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g. cookies) to collect information regarding your activities on our Services (e.g., your IP address, pages(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and purchase history) we have collected with third party advertising partners. Advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other companies) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-BOVEM™ related websites within their networks. We may allow access to other data collected by the Service to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Professional Advisors: We share personal data with our advisors in connection with corporate transactions or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
- Legal Disclosure/Law Enforcement. We may access, preserve and disclose your personal information, other account information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate: (1) to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as, a court order; (2) to collect amounts owed to BOVEM™; (3) to comply with records retention policies; or (4) if we, in good faith, believe that access, preservation, or disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes - e.g., to detect unauthorised activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order to allow them to identify users in connection with their investigation of unauthorised activities.
6. Managing Your Personal Information/Opt-Out
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You have the right to object to and opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to BOVEM™'s processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further processing by contacting email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Service and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as, to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
Email. You can unsubscribe from email, text and phone communications at any time. If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing via email, click the unsubscribe link on the footer of marketing emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws. BOVEM™ will continue to send you non-promotional, service emails concerning your account, such as emails relating to billing and payment information, outstanding balance on your account, and other emails relating to your account and/or your use of the Site.
Account. You may review, update, or modify your account information at any time by logging into your BOVEM™ account. You may also deactivate or delete your BOVEM™ account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not override these settings or options. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Services, you may be required to provide us with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Service or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Site.
7. Security & Retention of Personal Data
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us and BOVEM™ is committed to handling such information carefully. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personally identifiable information. We use secure socket layer technology to protect the security of your payment information and we encrypt your personally identifiable information when it is sent over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
If you would like to receive more information about our data retention policies, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Contact Us
You may contact us at:
Legal and Compliance (BOVEM™)
Bovm. Pte. Ltd.
69 Ubi Road 1
#06-16 Oxley BizHub
Last Updated: 31 August, 2022